Thursday, May 25, 2006

Teething

So I've finally [virtually] moved. To my third home after two years at the last one.

It feels nice. Like having a clean slate.

There's a prison slang for this, but it just slips my mind right now. Am working on producing a magazine recently for prisoners and ex-offenders, and as you can tell it's pretty grim but we're trying to make it as fun as possible. What could be more challenging than five middle-class girls writing for a generally uneducated, working class audience whose average person is a 40-year-old robber?
At least we know we've got a captive audience.

I have a few more things to do before this website is finished. I'm still tempted by the idea of buying a domain but I know it'll take me ages to get anything done if it isn't as simple to blog as it is now on blogger.

So anyway, I will press on. Have lots to write recently as deadlines are looming. It's strange that my tendency and desire to blog generally increases when the amount of actual work/writing due increases phenomenally. It's like ironic procrastination. Let's just hope I get it over and done with it soon so my time is finally mine again...

2 comments:

2 Dollar Productions said...

I wouldn't consider it ironic procrastination as I tend to write emails, blogs and almost anything else in great abundance when I'm actually supposed to be writing something particular.

I consider it a sharpening process.

Anonymous said...

Well said, a sharpening process it is then... but it is still a form of procrastination... :-)

PS. visited your blog.. it's great fun. very much like superficial.com - I love those guys!