Friday, August 18, 2006

Tick Tock, stupid clock

Yes, I know. I should be doing my reading, or writing my dissertation. But that strange inertia that always overwhelms me whenever I know I desperately need to do something is washing over me again, in repeated waves, so whenever I try to get my arse in gear, my determination is always foiled by some great unseen force.

So in a bid to drag out the time ticking on the stupid clock, I've decided to indulge in some mindless blogging before plunging headlong into (what I hope is) a frenzy of work.



Some sneaky phone pics of the Royal Albert Hall. Lynne and I went to watch a Mozart piano concerto last week and it wasn't fantastic but I enjoyed it anyway. I still retain that Mozart is boring – I do recognize his genius, but most of his music is a bit too placid for my liking.

RAH was huge. Loads of people promming in the centre... I don't think I could stand for an entire concert; not if I wanted to really enjoy it.

J and I are thinking of going to the BBC Proms for this, which includes Gershwin's Rhapsody in Blue which I so love. The concert is going to be slanted towards Jazz so I'm really excited about going! Will have to work out if it's doable on Bank Holiday weekend, I'd hate to be stuck on trains. Anyone in London fancy it?

***

We've also moved out of the legendary Wise Terrace house and forsaken the very big, very chilled, but also very dirty house to move into an immaculately clean, mint, tidy house at the top of town. It's lovely and new – we're living in a massive ensuite room... like in a 5-star hotel. But somehow, it still doesn't feel like home.

I guess I'm really sick of living out of suitcases. For the first time in my life, I really want my own house. I even catch myself walking into furniture shops to goo and gaa over nice oranaments and pieces of wood! I mean, furniture?! I used to hate going home-shopping with my mum and now I'm willingly wandering into homey shops to fuel day dreams about my own place.

I suddenly feel quite old. But at the back of my head... I know it's barely even begun.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mozart isn't boring!! He isn't!

Woman, I've to sit you down and make you listen to Mozart's Requiem and Don Giovanni and many many other pieces that he wrote!

Good luck w your work

Anonymous said...

Hey!

Did you know I'm going Japan? I can't remember if I told you, seems we not spoken for ages. Anyway, enjoy the next few weeks and look out for my email updates. Cooooool!

Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot to say...

Woman, don't censor all my comments this time! Hahahah!

Anonymous said...

Hey vic,
yeah heard from Lynne about your japan trip, when are you going?
good luck and have fun!
and... I wouldn't censor it if you don't leave tosser comments! hahaha :-)
Babe> nothing you do will change my mind about Mozart... heh. hope work's going well for you!

Anonymous said...

Nooooooooooooooo

I have a new mission in life - to convert you to Mozart! Seriously, you don't know what you're missing out on!

Work's sort of happening and yet not - how's your dissertation going? The two of us will have to work very hard - all the best!

*waves at Vic*

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.